Happy New Year 2021! The year before was a challenging one. Especially for most of us, 2020 was a year full of trials, heartaches, and loss. So, this is the perfect time to gear-up and bounce back! Here in the The Journal Sisters, we’re all about health, finance, happiness, hobbies, dog bliss, and all things positive. Here’s how you can start your year right.
Happy New Year 2021
Most people are surprised when they hear about someone who is healthy passing away. It’s an uncommon occurrence. Studies show that inactive people are more likely to develop chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, etc. Also. as you age, your being healthy and physically fit will help you avoid accidents like falls. Being healthy also means having clear skin, a sound mind, and overall wellness.
Here’s How You Can Be Healthy Physically
- Eat a well-balanced diet. Fill your plate with lots of greens, healthy proteins, fruits, whole grains, and less fat and cholesterol. Minimize your sugar intake. And, always begin your day eating a full breakfast heavy on nutrients. Choose breakfasts that are filling, not only your tummy but your whole body.
- Stay active for at least 30 minutes a day. Break it up into separate sessions when you lack time. Some of the activities you might enjoy are walking (always free and fun!), yoga, Zumba, running, and other sports. You can also head to the gym if you like to socialize while you workout.
- Quit smoking or never try it. It’s a hard-to-quit habit that can cause lung and throat illnesses. It also causes bad breath and smelly clothes.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or drink in moderation.
- Brush your teeth daily (ideally after every meal), floss at least once a day, and visit your dentist regularly.
- If you must go out, try to avoid sun exposure between 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Put on sunblock lotion if you need to be out at that time. In particular, SPF lotion 15 or above is the best sunblock to use. It can protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
How to Have a Healthy Mindset
- Have fun with family and friends. Be in a close relationship with the people you love and trust. It’s important to know who they are so you can avoid being with toxic people.
- Get involved. Whether you’re 18 or over 65, doing something for another is fulfilling. For instance, some people like to volunteer. They consider it their contribution. This ain’t easy for people with social anxiety. However, there are still ways to contribute like donating.
- Never stop learning. There’s always something new to discover. Many folks learned about that last year when they tried cooking, baking, gardening, and other hobbies during the pandemic lockdown.
- Be a stress manager. Stress is everywhere. But, recognizing there is stress and dealing from there can help you overcome it. It’s a long road and it’s the beginning of the year 2021. You’ve got time to make it a happy one!
- Sleep soundly. Go to bed early so you can also wake up early. You need at least 8 hours of sleep. That is enough to help you do your daily routines. Enough sleep also aids in a healthy mind.
Happy New Year 2021
To keep healthy, you’ll need nutritious foods, vitamins, and supplements. Nutritious foods and even vitamins are often expensive. That said, this is the year to check your finances. If it’s problematic, then it’s the best time to get up and find ways to earn, save up, and invest! Here’s how.
Is This a Happy New Year 2021 for Your Finances?
The first thing to keep in mind this new year are the possibilities ahead. Furthermore, it’s a year of hope for everyone. On the other hand, how can you manage your finances when there’s nothing to manage? It’s high time to look for bigger profits this year. Be proud even when you start low. There are many ways to earn online, but not without perseverance and consistency. These days, you’ll need at least a smartphone to earn online. You can sell or work remotely without having to rent space for business. It’s a good thing if you’re still starting. Once you’re earning, you can try these practices to improve your finances.
- Get out of debt. Or never loan money if you can.
- Be frugal. Reuse containers, gift wrappers,, etc. Buy from thrift stores or after-season sales. Choose healthy but affordable foods. Resist the urge to buy unnecessary things. Sell old items. Recycle the ones you love. Get the drift.
- Consider cost of living. Chances are living further away from an expensive city can be good for you. There’s also plenty of earning opportunities when you live in a bigger space. Think piggery or farming. Ornamental plants are also the rage these days. For many years to come, it can be a lucrative business.
- Look for a mentor to help you learn the ins and outs of your chosen industry. Your mentor can also help you in networking.
- Learn how to invest your money. Some of the best ways to prepare for the future in to invest in stocks, save up (bank,piggy bank,etc.), or avail of contribution schemes.
- Learn and manage risks. There are always risks. But, if you study your finances and learn the best practices, you have the best chances to gain financial freedom and stability.
- Find motivation from the people you trust and understand you.
- Ask help if you need it.
New Year’s Best Practices
A healthy body and improved finances is only the start of your journey this year. This is the year to get better at every aspect of your life. Take charge and good luck!